Travel Clinic and Private PGDs
Emergency treatment of allergic manifestations of acute anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is likely when all of the following three criteria are met:
- Sudden onset and rapid progression of symptoms
- Life-threatening airway and/or breathing and/or circulation problems
- Skin and/or mucosal changes (flushing, urticaria, angioedema)
Use an Airway, Breathing, Circulation, Disability, and Exposure (the ABCDEs) approach to assess and treat the patient.
NB: If in doubt assume anaphylaxis and treat.
Why this PGD?
Adrenaline is mainly released in response to stressful events to prepare the body for the 'fight or flight' response. These events lead to the activation of nerves connected to the adrenal glands, which trigger the secretion of adrenaline and thus increase the levels of adrenaline in the blood.
Who is this for?
All individuals who show signs and symptoms of an anaphylactic, or anaphylactoid reaction, for example after administration of a vaccine.
- EpiPen 300micrograms/0.3ml (1 in 1,000) solution for injection auto-injectors
- EpiPen Jr. 150micrograms/0.3ml (1 in 2,000) solution for injection auto-injectors
How to order
To obtain the Adrenaline PGD, you will need to order it directly from one of our Bundles (Best value) or Individual Subscription, please go to Order Now for more details.
For further information, please Contact Us and one of our PGDs & Travel Clinic experts will be happy to discuss your requirements.